Humboldt Greens for Democracy and Independence

Humboldt Greens for Democracy and Independence (Humboldt GDI) is a primarily formed campaign committee to support the election of Greg Allen, Heidi Calton and Xandra Manns to the Steering Committee of the Green Party of Humboldt County (GPHC).

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Green IDEA Pledge

Green Party of Humboldt County Steering Committee candidates Greg Allen, Heidi Calton and Xandra Manns are signatories of the Green IDEA pledge!


Green IDEA Pledge

Political Independence: I will keep my campaign independent of money-driven corporate parties and will remain independent if elected. I insist that the Green Party do the same. I reject lesser-evilism, and oppose endorsement of, or fusion with, corporate parties or their candidates. I insist that the Green Party do the same.

Internal Democracy: As I support greater democracy in our society, I support it within the Green Party.
I advocate fair, competitive elections, ranked choice voting, and proportional representation. I advocate democratic processes for internal decision-making. I encourage contested elections for Green Party county councils.

Membership Empowerment: Throughout my campaign and if elected, I will empower the electorate by establishing and maintaining good communications with my constituents. I insist that the Green Party empower its membership with better communication between elected and appointed leaders of the party, party activists, and the party's general membership. I encourage the use of technology to improve that communication, with enforceable standards of respectful and civil discourse.

Leadership Accountability: Throughout my campaign and if elected, I will practice the highest ethical standards and to adhere to all applicable laws and bylaws regarding campaign practices, finances and reporting. I support transparency of process and finances within the government and in the Green Party. I support the principles of open party governance, as embodied in the Brown Act. I insist on the highest ethical standards within the Green Party, with adherence to party bylaws, and complete and open reporting of all financial transactions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home